66 Royal Hospital Road
Public entrance to the garden is via Swan Walk, SW3 on Monday – Friday, Sundays & Bank Holidays.
Access for those with limited mobility is at 66 Royal Hospital Road.
The nearest tube station is Sloane Square (District and Circle lines).
When leaving Sloane Square tube station, cross the road in front of you, turn left into Lower Sloane Street. At the traffic lights turn right into Royal Hospital Road and continue, past the National Army Museum on your left. Cross Tite Street and then turn left into Swan Walk.
The Chelsea Physic Garden is easily accessible by bus; the 170 route to Victoria train station stops directly outside the Garden.
- London Buses: www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/buses/
- National Rail Enquiries: www.nationalrail.co.uk
- National Express Coaches: www.nationalexpress.com
By car, motorbike or bicycle
- If you are driving to the Garden, try the AA Journey planner at www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_main.jsp
- Parking is available around the garden, with coin-operated meters. There is pay & display parking in Battersea Park (see map), a 10 minute walk across Albert Bridge.
- There is a small selection of solo motorcycle parking spaces in Swan Walk, as well as bicycle racks in Royal Hospital Road and the surrounding streets. Please note that bicycles are not allowed inside the Garden.
For London’s cycle route maps, the London Cycling Campaign can arrange for maps to be sent to you. The map part of their site is at www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=37